Maple Balsamic Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Bacon Recipes
- 4 slices of bacon, (sugar free)
- 1/2 red onion, (sliced)
- 1-2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 16 oz Brussels Sprouts, (trimmed and halved)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt + more to taste
- Begin by heating a large skillet to medium heat. Add the bacon, and cook for approximately 4-5 minutes per side (or until desired crispiness). Set aside, leave the bacon fat in the pan.
- Toss in the red onion, saute for 3-4 minutes or until fragrant and lightly browned. Set aside with bacon. Keep the skillet on the stove and heat on.
- Now add in 1-2 tbsp of oil (depending on how much you have left over from the bacon), and toss in Brussels sprouts and cranberries. Saute, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes, or until the Brussels are browned and cranberries begin to soften.
- Pour in water and increase the temperature to high to bring to a light boil, then reduce to medium heat. Let the Brussels and cranberries continue to cook so the cranberries begin to pop, and the water is almost completely gone (about 3-4 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Pour Brussels and cranberries into a serving dish, crumble the bacon and add to the dish along with the red onion. Toss in the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup to coat. Sprinkle with salt and serve warm(adding any additional salt to taste).
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post HERE